CDIC Flippin’ Fun Summer Game
This contest is open to Canadian residents only and is governed by Canadian law.
1. CONTEST PERIOD
The CDIC Flippin’ Fun Summer Game (the “Contest”) begins on July 5, 2021 at 9:00:01 a.m. ET and closes on August 16, 2021 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). By participating in this Contest, you agree that you have read and agree to be bound by these Official Rules (the “Rules”), you meet the Contest eligibility requirements and that you will comply with and abide by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor (defined below) whose decisions shall be final and binding in all matters that relate to this Contest. The Contest is administered by Launchfire Interactive, Inc. (“Launchfire”) on behalf of the Canadian Deposit Insurance Corporation (“CDIC” or the “Sponsor”).
The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest: (a) employees, representatives or agents of (i) Launchfire or CDIC, (ii) any entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfillment of the Contest, and (iii) affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising/promotion agencies of an entity referred to in (a)(i) or (a)(ii); and (b) immediate family members (parent, spouse, sibling or child) of a person referred to in (a), and those with whom such persons are living whether related or not. Entities referred to in (a)(i) to (a)(iii) are referred to in these Rules as “Contest Parties”.
3. HOW TO REGISTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To register, visit www.cdicflippinfun.ca (the “Contest Website”) during the Contest Period and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration process, which will require you to: (i) provide your first name, last name, and email address; (ii) create a password (that can be used along with your email address to log in on the Contest Website); and, (iii) signify that you have read and agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules. Once you have fully completed the registration process with all of the required information, click the 'Continue' button to complete your registration (your “Registration”). To be eligible, your Registration must be fully completed, submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period. There is a limit of one (1) Registration per eligible Contest participant (each an “Entrant”) and per email address. For greater certainty, you only need to register one (1) time in this Contest, and you may only register once for the Contest. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address.
4. HOW TO OBTAIN GAME PLAYS
The Contest includes an online flip game (the "Game") that takes place on the Contest Website (see Section 5 below for details). In order to play the Game, you will first need to receive Game plays (each, a "Game Play"). After submitting your Registration in compliance with these Rules (as determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion), you will automatically receive one (1) Game Play through the online Contest Website. You can receive additional Game Plays through the various options set forth below, during the Contest Period, by following the on-screen instructions available on the Contest Website following Registration.
- Answer Quiz Questions: There will be a total of fifteen (15) multiple-choice challenge questions appearing on the Contest Website. You will receive one (1) Game Play for each question you answer correctly (as determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion), for a total maximum of fifteen (15) Game Plays for correctly answering all quiz questions. You can only answer each question correctly once. You can attempt to answer a question as many times as you like until you answer it correctly. You must answer a question correctly in order to advance to the next question. To answer a challenge question, follow the Contest Website on-screen instructions and you will first be presented with: (i) one of the challenge questions; (ii) multiple answers to choose from; (iii) a "Submit" button; and (iv) a "Hint" button, which if selected will open a link (the "Link") to assist you in finding the answer. Once the "Hint" button is selected, the Link will open a new browser window and you will then be required to search for the correct answer to the applicable challenge question. Once you have found what you believe to be the correct answer, select the corresponding answer from amongst the multiple answers to choose from and click the “Submit” button.
- Follow @CDIC_CA on Twitter®: If you enter your Twitter username on the “FOLLOW US on Twitter” page on the Contest Website and select the “Confirm” button, you will receive ten (10) Game Plays (upon verification by the Sponsor that you are “Following” @CDIC_CA on Twitter). You may only earn a maximum of ten (10) Game Plays via this option.
- Watch videos: If you visit the “WATCH VIDEOS” page on the Contest Website, you will be presented with three (3) videos (each, a “Video”). For each Video you watch in its entirety (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion on the basis of its official records), you will receive five (5) Game Plays. You may only earn a maximum of fifteen (15) Game Plays via this option (five (5) Game Plays per Video).
- Entering Code Words: You will be awarded five (5) Game Plays for each unique code word you enter via the “Enter Code Words” page on Contest Website during the Contest Period. Code words will be released on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CDICSADC/Opens a new window) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/CDIC_caOpens a new window) (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). You may only enter any unique code word once and you may only earn a maximum of twenty five (25) Game Plays during the Contest Period pursuant to this option.
Each Game Play obtained per this section 4 of the Rules can only be used once when playing the Game, as outlined in section 5 below. A used Game Play expires immediately upon use.
Each person can obtain a maximum of sixty-six (66) Game Plays during the Contest Period.
5. HOW TO PLAY THE GAME
To play the Game, visit the Contest Website, follow the on-screen instructions and press ‘Play Now’ (each, a “Play”) to use one (1) Game Play. You will be presented with sixteen (16) circles (each, a “Circle”). Each Circle will represent one (1) of the following icons (each, an “Icon”) (however, the arrangement of these Icons on the screen will be randomly determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion on the basis of an assortment algorithm):
- Five (5) Grand Prize icons (each, a “Grand Prize Icon”);
- Four (4) Secondary Prize icons (each, a “Secondary Prize Icon”);
- Three (3) Tertiary Prize logo icons (each, a “Tertiary Prize Icon”); and
- Three (3) game over Icons (each, a “Game Over Icon”).
- One (1) entry multiplier (each an "Entry Multiplier").
At the start of a Play, you must select one Circle at a time, which will flip it over and reveal the corresponding Icon (a “Selection”). The object of each Play is to make a Selection of all Grand Prize Icons, all Secondary Prize Icons or all Tertiary Prize Icons (each, a “Matching Set”) before Selecting three (3) Game Over Icons (cumulatively). A Play will end when you either complete your first Matching Set or you select three (3) Game Over Icons (as determined by the Sponsor and/or Administrator at its sole and absolute discretion). If you select three (3) Game Over Icons during a Play, you will not receive any Entries in connection with such Play.
If you select a Matching Set before you select three (3) Game Over Icons during a Play, you will receive the corresponding number of Entries into the applicable Prize Draw (defined below), determined as follows:
- A Matching Set five (5) of Grand Prize Icons will result in the receipt of one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Draw (defined below)(a “Grand Prize Draw Entry”);
- A Matching Set of four (4) Secondary Prize Icons will result in the receipt of one (1) entry into the Second Prize Draw (defined below) (a “Second Prize Draw Entry”); and
- A Matching Set of three (3) Tertiary Prize Icons will result in the receipt of one (1) entry into the Third Prize Draw (defined below) (a “Third Prize Draw Entry”).
- Grand Prize Draw Entries, Second Prize Draw Entries and Third Prize Draw Entries will each be referred to as an “Entry” and collectively as “Entries”.
In addition, if you select the Entry Multiplier during a Game Play, it will multiply the Entry you are eligible to receive by two (2) in the event you Select a Matching Set without Selecting three (3) Game Over Icons during that same Game Play (and, for greater certainty, an Entry Multiplier will not carry over into any subsequent Game Play(s)). For example, if you match five (5) Grand Prize Icons and reveal the Entry Multiplier during the same Game Play, you will earn two (2) Grand Prize Draw Entries in connection with such Game Play (1 Grand Prize 1 Draw Entry for selecting a Matching Set of five (5) Grand Prize Icons, multiplied by two (2) for selecting the Entry Multiplier).
You may continue to play the Game until you have run out of Game Plays or the close of the Contest Period, whichever occurs first.
Limit of sixty-six (66) Game Plays (and corresponding Plays) per Entrant, per email address during the Contest Period, regardless of method of entry. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of Game Plays by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s Game Plays (and corresponding Entries, as applicable) and that participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
6. LIMITS AND VERIFICATION
All Registrations, Game Plays, Games, Plays, Selections, Entries, quiz answers, social codes and any other type of information used or submitted in connection with this Contest (collectively, “Contest-related Information”) and Entrants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) exceed any of the limits stated in these Rules; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities, accounts, email addresses, and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves its right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity, eligibility and/or compliance with these Rules (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purpose of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purpose of verifying the eligibility and/or compliance of any Contest-related Information submitted (or purportedly submitted) with these Rules; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purpose of administering this Contest in accordance with the letter and spirit of these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s). Disposable email addresses cannot be used for the purposes of this Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected Contest-related Information, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to who has submitted any given Registration, the authorized holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. An Entrant may be required to show proof of being the applicable authorized holder of the email address associated with the Registration in question. All Contest-related Information is the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. For greater certainty, Entries and Game Plays remain the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and can be revoked or invalidated by the Sponsor at any time and for any reason (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion), and Entrants will not be granted any type of rights (including without limitation property rights) in or to Entries or Game Plays. The Sponsor reserves the right to contact any registrant whose email address is submitted as part of this Contest for the purpose of administering this Contest
7. THE PRIZES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES
There are seven (7) prizes available to be won (the “Prizes”):
- One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded (the “Grand Prize”). The Grand Prize consists of a cash award of $5,000 CDN.
- One (1) Second Prize will be awarded (the “Second Prize”). The Second Prize consists of a cash award of $2,500 CDN.
- Five (5) Third Prizes will be awarded (each, a “Third Prize”). Each Third Prize consists of a cash award of $500 CDN.
Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or assignable (except as may be specifically permitted by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute any Prize, or a component thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value, for whatever the reason. All of the features and characteristics of the Prizes, unless otherwise explicitly provided herein, are at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit of one (1) Prize per person.
8. PRIZE DRAW
On August 18, 2021 (the “Draw Date”) in Ottawa, Ontario at approximately 12:00 p.m. ET, Launchfire will perform the following separate random draws (each, a “Prize Draw”), as follows (in this order):
- During the first Prize Draw, one (1) eligible Entrant will be selected as the potential Grand Prize winner from among all eligible Grand Prize Draw Entries. The odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the number of eligible Grand Prize Draw Entries.
- During the second Prize Draw, one (1) eligible Entrant will be selected as a potential Second Prize winner from among all eligible Second Prize Draw Entries. The odds of winning a Second Prize will depend on the number of eligible Second Prize Draw Entries.
- During the third Prize Draw, five (5) eligible Entrants will be selected as potential Third Prize winners from among all eligible Third Prize Draw Entries. The odds of winning a Third Prize will depend on the number of eligible Third Prize Draw Entries.
Launchfire or its designated representative will make a maximum of three (3) attempts to contact each potential Prize winner via the email address provided at the time of Registration within two (2) days of the Draw Date. If a potential Prize winner cannot be contacted within two (2) days of the Draw Date, then such potential Prize winner will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to his/her applicable Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible Entrant from among the remaining applicable Entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new potential Prize winner, with the necessary amendments).
BEFORE BEING DECLARED A CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, each potential Prize winner will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; (b) sign and return within seven (7) days of notification the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize as awarded; (iii) releases Contest Parties, Facebook, Twitter, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, image, any other likeness and/or statements about the Contest without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor worldwide, in perpetuity and in any media. If a potential Prize winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed declaration and release form within the specified time; and/or (c) cannot accept the applicable Prize as awarded (for any reason); then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible Entrant from among the remaining applicable Entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new potential Prize winner, with the necessary amendments).
Launchfire is collecting personal data about Entrants for the sole purpose of administering this Contest on behalf of the Sponsor.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all Entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entrants or any Contest-Related Information.
The Releasees will not be liable for: (i) any failure of the Contest Website or any other website; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Contest-Related Information to be received by the Releasees for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; (iv) the failure of any customer to receive an Entry, Game Play or Play for any reason whatsoever; (v) any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest; and/or (vi) any combination of the above.
If due to printing, production, online, internet, computer or other error of any kind, more Prizes are claimed than intended to be awarded according to these Rules, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct a random drawing from amongst all eligible Prize claimants whose claims have not yet been redeemed to award the remaining number of advertised Prizes. Prizes will stop being awarded in the event Sponsor becomes aware of an error respecting the number of prizes. In no event will the Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of Prizes in these Rules.
The Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in Quebec, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest Website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest or any aspect of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie, and without further notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any Entrant or any Contest-related Information with these Rules, or as a result of technical problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules.
Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to: (i) administer an additional test of skill or an alternate test of skill; and/or (ii) in the event of difficulty using the Contest Website, playing the Game or accessing any other Contest-related content, upon request submitted to [email protected] prior to the close of the Contest Period, arrange for the provision of communication supports or alternative accessible formats; at any time as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances, to address disability issues and/or to comply with applicable law.
All unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, declines to accept a Prize or in the event that a Prize confirmation or Prize is returned as undeliverable, the applicable Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner as described above at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the English version of these rules or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including the Contest Website, the French version of these Rules, and/or print or online advertising; the English version of these Rules shall prevail.